Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Statement of Teaching Philosophy

First Draft.

I am a good teacher. You can tell this by looking at my teaching evaluations. You'll see there that many students -- correctly -- describe me as "awesome". My teaching philosophy is to continue being awesome.

Second Draft.

I love to teach. As I've always said, teaching is a calling. It's also an art. And a gift. My gift. It's my gift to my students. And through them, it's my gift to the world. My students say I am "awesome" -- check my evaluations. Basically, my teaching philosophy is to give the world the gift of my awesomeness.

Third Draft.

I think of teaching as a kind of love. I love my students, and I love to teach them. Similarly, I love my wife, and I love to make love to her. That's how I think of teaching: it's like lovemaking. Only without the touching. Well, there's some touching, but it's like intellectual touching instead of physical touching. Minds making contact, you know? I would never touch my students. I mean, I'd never touch them inappropriately. You get my drift. Teaching is like lovemaking, only instead of using your penis or vagina you use your mind. Another way that my teaching is like lovemaking is that I am awesome at both.

2 comments:

Bobcat said...

This was hilarious.

Himself said...

If I was on the SC, I would not throw this in the bin. I would call the police.